Tuesday, January 26, 2010

survived week one...







Wednesday night we took the boys to our worship rehearsal. They really love music!






I think the guitar is their favorite, but Daddy had them playing piano by his side. It was such a precious sight to watch them playing music with their Daddy. It was definitely a joyful noise.


On Thursday we introduced the boys to New York City. So much for keeping their world small. They loved the bus ride into Port Authority. David met up with my Dad and they
both took the boys to a motorcycle exhibition. I enjoyed a kid free lunch and some shopping with my Mom. It was a wonderful day for all!

We appreciate your continued prayers as we learn how to cultivate these precious gifts from God! We need more strength than we have ever needed before. Our respect for other parents grows daily.
This is truly a great adventure!!!
(my boys dreaming of the open road;-)


11 comments:

  1. We're praying for you daily! Great to hear how things are going, and love the picture of the boys playing the piano with their daddy!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU WERE HERE?!?!?! oh wow....wish we could've all seen you! So exciting to see the updates though....
    Love and prayers for you all...
    Deb, Russ, & Isabella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonding with the grandparents is great. Keep the updates coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, i'm just so happy for you all...What a beautiful family you have there!! :) So grateful they have a wonderful home...
    kristi johnson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Guys! So fun to watch you guys being parents! I'm glad they're doing so well and that you are, too. Parenting is hard. This is by far harder than having them the "traditional" way--we will admit it quickly! So, keep doing what you're doing, take time for yourselves and thank you for sharing! I'll keep checking your blog for updates. We so enjoyed meeting you in the midst of this journey. Take care. My kids watched "Madagascar" the other day, and I laughed thinking of your boys dancing around singing, "I like to move it, move it!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so precious and beautiful Kathleen! So happy they are settled in your family! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. just found your blog through ordinary hero. how thrilling to see your story unfold. i think i have pix of at least one of your sons from when we travelled to ethiopia in july. if you want me to send you pix, email me missy.kollaratuscmdotorg

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am just now seeing your blog! Oh how happy I am! I remember both of your boys at the old HH when we went at the end of November 2009! SO so so happy for you all!!! :) I bet they remember Birtukan.

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. How are things going? We have a ten-yr-old and have been home 9 mos. I imagine it has been busy as you haven't written in your blog in a while. Neither have we. Drop me a note if you need support...been there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wondering if you survived week two too....and beyond!!

    Been praying for you guys and wondering how things are going!!!

    Blessings,

    Don and Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. No more blogging? I bet you guys are busy! Hope things are getting better each day as you make your way through this tough but amazing journey! Hugs!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete